Monday, December 20, 2010

What to name the baby?

As referenced below, I spent entirely too much time going back/forth looking at potential bikes. I THINK I made the best choice, but who knows? I've done a couple of substantive rides, and the differences between this steel tourer and my road bike are startling.
I've been racking my brain trying to think of an analogy to make it something reachable when describing it to non-riders. The road bike is twitchy and brittle, while the tourer is soft and smooth. While it takes more effort to get it going, it doesn't seem like that much more effort, and my averages are climbing up toward respectable again. The joy of being able to carry my camera, clothing, and then to EASILY walk around when I get off the bike are huge for me. I need to remember I have the camera with me, as I've ridden so long without it, I'll forget unless I keep reminding myself to stop and take a pic once in a while.
Rode further yesterday than I ever have (67), and while I'm on a new bike, with new geometry and a new saddle, riding on crummy pants with a terrible chamois....I'm not sore today! Woooooooooo!
Now, I need to make the effort to commute on this beauty!

-r

No comments: