Saturday, January 15, 2011

Snowbound

While anyone that knows me, knows I love Winter, the protracted mild weather we had in Sept-Dec spoiled me into thinking I'd be able to ride my bike throughout...and that just ain't happenin'. I love the snow, but I don't love snow that sticks around. I believe snow should come in with a bang, but leave while the fans are still enjoying the show. Old snow is like an old band that just doesn't have it anymore, but keeps touring.
Rode to Target today, but it was treacherous. The bike paths are still icy, and the roads aren't a lot better. Still, any ride is better than not riding. The fat tires make a huge difference, but I had to pay attention regardless. First ride with my iPod, and I should probably pretend I never did that and go back to hearing road sounds only. I just don't think I can ride competently with music in my ears. We'll see.
Was hoping to coordinate with Wayne to see the Christo exhibit showing in town, but my schedule is rather full, and it doesn't look like that'll happen.
Seeing "Danielle Ate The Sandwich" with Nate and his significant other tonight at some local pub...that should be FUN!.
-r

1 comment:

Diane said...

Remind me to tell you about the cyclist who crashed in front of my car in Cherry Creek. She had just come from Apple after making a purchase. (We threw her bike into my car and I drove her home due to injuries she sustained.) It's not impossible but safety measures have to be taken....obviously. PS. She wasn't wearing a helmet. Her fiancee managed one of the major bike shops in town (so I think he could kick a helmet her way). So this story just has so many head scratching parts.